Friday 7 June 2013

In Memory of Lee Rigby


                                                                      
Following the incident which occurred in Woolwich recently, I can honestly claim that I am disgusted to breathe the same air as Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale. My hearts goes to the family of Lee Rigby, and I pray that both Michaels eventually receive their comeuppance. However, people should realise that blaming the crime on religion is pointless; there are countless Muslims worldwide who disapprove of their actions. Contrary to popular belief, Islam  actually encourages peace, but what I fail to understand is why certain clerics who claim to hate the United Kingdom continue to reside in the country whilst receiving benefits. Why is the government allowing them to stay in a land they plan to bomb to pieces? This is where I get controversial, but I agree that the United Kingdom is too tolerant for its own good - if a British Christian preached hate in Saudi Arabia he would not live to tell the tale. Adebolajo stated that he had murdered Rigby as revenge for "[killing] Muslims in Iraq and in Afghanistan", but have we all learned nothing since September 11? Hate breeds hate. As for all those terrorists, you can take our lives, but you can NEVER take our freedom.

No comments: