Friday 18 February 2011

DK X Factor - Live Show I


Despite being a resident of the United Kingdom, I have become a fan of the X Factor franchise in Europe, and I have to say, those continentals are really talented - they could teach some of our own contestants, especially Wagner from UK X Factor series seven a thing or two when it comes to music! However, it has to be said that this year's DK X Factor is not as good as series two - the series that gave us Linda, Mohammed, and my favourites Alien Beat Club.  Nevertheless, I shall continue to watch the show because there are currently some good singers on it.


BABOU - If Mohammed from series two and Justin Bieber were to father a child together, the result would be this teen singer who performed Bruno Mars's "Just The Way You Are". Still, it has to be said that his voice is nowhere as good as Mo's or Justin's. To me, he's just another teenage wannabe who simply need more work, and should develop outside the competition because I believe that nerves are affecting him.


SARAH - When I learned that she would be singing a P!nk song I wasn't surprised, because she does remind me of P!nk - maybe it's the short hair and no-nonsense attitude. Yet her vocals were a tad weak. She could have done better, and I wondered why the judges were nodding to the beat...I would be stopping my ears with my fingers! Sorry Sarah, but a rockstar you are not.


PATRICIA - When I heard that she would be singing "You're the One That I Want", I said "Uh-oh, here we go...cheese!" But she really surprised me - good arrangement, perfect vocals. I like how she wore a simple dress and made up for it by singing with all her soul. She's a contender for the top prize.


RIKKE & TRINE - Think a slightly more talented female Jedward from UK X Factor series six and you get Rikke & Trine, who do nothing but sing in unison, with some double vision tricks on the side. Are they going to win? No.


ANNELOUISE - Pretty girl, pretty name. I think the song which she sang suited her voice but I would like to see her sing in English. Still, I'm glad that the producers of the show are nurturing 'home-grown songs'.


ERCAN - Dude, if you're going to sing a Justin Timberlake song, at least dress appropriately; wearing a suit and bow-tie for that sort of performance is wrong, you looked like a wedding singer from the 1970's. As for the singing... what singing? To me, you sounded like an Danish mouse that had its air supply cut off. You were rubbish!


RASMUS- He sang one of my favourite songs, "Chasing Cars", and he did really well, I liked his voice. However, he had accent issues. No, I have nothing against Danish accents, but I laughed when he sang the chorus - instead of "If I lay here", he sang "If I lay hee-yah", very creative! But hey, if it worked for Celiné Dion...









JR - They don't look like popstars, the styling was poor, and don't get me started on their voices. GET THEM OUT!


DEEVIBEZ - I had high hopes for these girls, but they failed to impress me with their rendition of Duffy's "Well Well Well". And what was with that horrible Afro wig the girl in the middle was wearing! Chose a better song next time, girls.


And finally, I saw last year's winner Thomas Ring performing his new single "Break the Silence", and I didn't recognise him at first. He looks and sounds like an established singer who has been doing this for years - what a difference one year makes! I present to you Denmark's next greatest next export...you heard it here first!











Take care


Love,
Jemma

1 comment:

j said...

How do you manage to watch DK X Factor when you're in England? Is it available on satellite or something?

Love the reviews of the X-Factor and all that, I never have chance to watch them so it's fantastic being able to read what's happened.

Have a great weekend!