Monday 21 February 2011

DK X Factor - Live Show II

Hooray! The second live show of DK X Factor has taken place, and a big thank you to all my readers in Denmark!  Last week soul group DeeVibez were the first to leave the contest, which I believe was unfair.  True, they did not give the best performance that night, but some of the other acts were absolute rubbish (I mean you, JR!). 
This week's theme was The Beatles, and some of the contestants did the songs real justice. By the way, I do not own a satellite; I watch it all on Youtube, and because I'm not a Danish speaker, I don't understand what the judges are saying. So I simply watch the shows and act as the fourth judge!


SARAH - This week, in her sharp suit she was a cross between Annie Lennox and P!nk, and she sang so much better than she did last week; if she keeps it up she could win. This is the first time I've seen a woman perform "Come Together", and it was pretty good, with all that attitude to match. Olly Murs and Matt Cardle sang the same song on the British version of the show, but it's hard to tell who sang it better. You decide...

RASMUS - Why was he using a retro microphone if he was going to sing "Drive My Car"? Dude, I love a Scandinavian accent, but in English pop songs it doesn't always work - just ask ABBA! At one point I'm pretty sure I heard you sing "...working for penis". Oh dear. Still, you have the potential to win.

RIKKE & TRINE - For once, the female Jedward of Denmark sang in harmony and even dressed different. However, their rendition of  "Here Comes the Sun" was a tad boring. They do have some talent, but like their Irish counterparts, they are not going to win. GET THEM OUT!






PATRICIA - She sang "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", and her voice sounded a tad different this week. Somehow, I don't think the song suited her; she wasn't as good as she was last week.


BABOU - Despite a few bum notes, the lovechild of Mohammed Ali from series two and Justin Bieber sounded better than he did last week, and I loved his smile. He's becoming more confident (and more popular with the girls!), but his song - "Can't Buy Me Love" sounded like something from the Jackson 5 era; most people wouldn't have recognised it as a Beatles song. Babou is cute, though. Does he have a career away from the X Factor? Time will tell.



ANNALOUISE - This week, the modelesque lady showed off her piano skills as she sang "Golden Slumbers", which I had never heard before. I believe she could have a hit if she released it as a single because she sang it with emotion, and her voice went well with the lyrics. You go, girl!


ERCAN - He listened to my advice from last week and dressed appropriately, but unfortunately his performance of "Something" was lacklustre. By the way, is it just me, or doesn't he remind you of Twem, the 'French Jedward' who participated in the British version of the show in Series seven? I predicted that he would be in the bottom two, and I was right - he was the next contestant to leave the competition.  So long, Ercan!



JR - Their styling improved this week, and so did the singing, but nothing special. They managed to involve the audience when they shouted "Come on everybody!"...nice one, lads. Why was their performance filmed in Black 'n' White, because I'm pretty sure colour had already been invented when "All You Need is Love" was first released...


Finally, I'm glad that this week judge Cutfather changed his wardrobe and dressed like a proper X Factor judge; last week he looked like a mechanic!

Until next week, farvel!
Jemma xx

Follow!!!!!

1 comment:

MDS said...

Hi! Could you email me? I've something to propose you! :) My mail is musicisthedoor@gmail.com