Tuesday 22 March 2011

DK X Factor - Semi Final




Hello guys! I do apologise for the delay - I have been busy working, both professionally and academically, and on Thursday I was burnt out so badly I was sent home from school. Despite everything, I still managed to find time to watch the X Factor last week, and what a week I had!


Prior to the semi-finals, I worked at Chelsea Football Stadium during the Chelsea Vs. Copenhagen match last Wednesday where I served some very interesting customers. They smiled at me upon arrival, and I could tell that they were not British - they all had nice teeth (sorry fellow Brits, but it's true!), and one or two of them were quite hot (that's not to say that there are no hot guys in England!). Their accent confirmed what I suspected - they were Danish... and very pleasant Danes, too. Although they annoyed me when they locked the door to their private box when I went out to gather more supplies, they were all nice guys - our conversation included the current series of DK X Factor - and I really enjoyed their company; they had more manners than a certain television journalist over here called Ben Shephard who I served later that week - he was so rude (more on that soon). I even told them about this blog (nothing like word-of-mouth), and they promised that they'd log on to visit. So boys, if you are reading this, thanks for the tip! However, still I wish that my beloved Chelsea had won the match (that's right, I'm a Chelsea supporter!), and to all my Danish fans, sorry, I love you to death but I wish Chelsea had kicked your arse!


It was the semi-final on last week's X Factor, and the theme was DJ songs, although very few of them were actually 'DJ music', just well-known pop songs set to dance rhythm.  As most of my readers are aware, I had been hard on Sarah for the past two weeks because I felt that she was slipping. However, she was really good when she sang "Sweet Dreams" this week - in fact she was excellent.  Although her rendition of "F****** Perfect" was also outstanding, I have to repeat what I said last week: why are they swearing on a show like The X Factor


Last year's UK X Factor runner-up Rebbecca Ferguson sang "Sweet Dreams" using a different arrangement. Who do you think sang it better?





Why does Annelousie have a deep voice when she speaks? I've never heard "Sweet Child O' Mine" set to dance music before, but the result was't bad quite, although I wish Kate Moss's long-lost Danish sister had moved around when she sang, because let's face it, it was a dance number.

Lucie Jones sang the same song on the British version of the show, and I got to see her sing it live during the X Factor tour last year.  Who sang it better?




Babou just gets better every week, and this week he didn't disappoint.  His song choice was "Baby"which, of course, was made popular by fellow teen singer Justin Bieber - perfect!  A beat-boxer accompanied Babou, who added some impressive little dance moves to his act, just like the original singer.  His performance during "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love" was also entertaining, with even more dance moves. Could he win the show? Watch this space!

Justin Bieber sang "Baby" on the British version last year, but no prizes for guessing who sang it better because apparently, Justin was lip-syncing that night, unlike Babou who sang live! 




Patricia, Patricia, Patricia... Why, oh why? She was a contender for the top prize, not only because of her performances which were often spot-on, but because she was consistent. I love Annelouise but I thought that she would leave the show this week. I have one thing to say to all those that voted: WHAT WERE YOU BLOODY THINKING?  Did you not listen to her when she sang "Total Eclipse of the Heart" that night? I liked how she sang it - soft and sweet. Denmark, you really got it wrong with Patricia, but I pray that one of you gives her record deal - she deserves it.

One Direction and Nikki Evans have both sang the song on the UK X Factor. Have a listen...







This now leaves the competition with Sarah, Babou, and Annelouise, but I think that at this stage either Sarah or Babou will win (sorry Annelouise!).  And guys when that happens, don't forget me when you're famous!

Farvel! xxx


1 comment:

j said...

Hope you're feeling better - take it easy and don't make yourself ill!