Saturday 12 March 2011

DK X Factor - Live Show V



One thing I noticed about this week's show is that most of the songs have also been covered on the UK version, and I'm still deciding which contestant on either show sang it better!


Just as I was beginning to wonder if they'd ever be a live group performance on the Danish show, the remaining finalists make my wishes come true by performing as a group. Hooray! And then I hear the song, which turned out to be Cee Lo Green's "F*** You" (Danes say "F***"?). Not "Forget You", which is the clean version, but "F*** You". It has been sung on the Australian and UK versions of the show, but they both chose the clean version; maybe they do things differently in Denmark, I don't know. Nevertheless, as a group they sounded pretty good, although in my opinion Babou was the best singer.


Which group sang it better?

DK X FACTOR (SERIES 4) "F*** YOU"






UK X FACTOR (SERIES 7) "FORGET YOU"


X FACTOR AUSTRALIA (SERIES 2) "FORGET YOU"





This week, the remaining five had to sing popular songs Big Band style, a.k.a swing, and I was curious to see if they'd do the songs justice because right now, I'm not sure if some of the contestants, particularly Sarah, are versatile. Turns out, the only person who sang a true Big Band song was Patricia. They should have simply called it Live Band... because that's all it was - a live band. 


The female Jedward Rikke & Trine continue to annoy me; last week they performed while dressed as occult rejects. This week, they looked like bridesmaids, ha ha!  The song "Riverside" reminded me of a typical Irish folk tune, but it was ruined by this almost talentless pair. I'm glad that they were voted off (finally!), but of course it now means that their mentor Pernille has no more acts left. The song has never been covered on UK X Factor, not even by Jedward, yay!

RIKKE & TRINE "RIVERSIDE" 






In her white trouser suit, Sarah looked like Ellen DeGeneres, but even though the real Ellen can't really sing, at least she would have been entertaining if she had attempted this. Sarah disappointed me with her singing, which was dull. When I first heard that she was going to sing "The Climb", I wondered how it would sound Big Band-style. I needn't have bothered because it wasn't Big Band-style at all; if anything, it sounded a bit like a Soft Rock song. In fact, she should have sang this during Rock Week, which was last week. In general, Sarah sounded weak, and she is no longer my favourite to win (I wonder if she'll ever top her performance of "Come Together" during week two). In 2009, "The Climb" was also sung on the UK version by Joe McElderry, who went on to release it as a single following his victory as X Factor Series 6 champion. 


Who sang it better?

SARAH "THE CLIMB"


JOE MCELDERRY, UK X FACTOR (SERIES SIX) "THE CLIMB"





Patricia's dress would have looked great if it hadn't been for that black strap draped across her shoulder, but she made up for it with her performance. The song "Feeling Good" is a favourite on the British version of the show; it has been covered by Danyl Johnson (Series 6), Rachel Hyton (Series 5), Beverley Trottman (Series 4), and Rebecca Ferguson (Series 7). Did Patricia do it justice? Yes, but she cheated in the beginning with the echo - did you hear it? She now my favourite! Unfortunately, there is no longer a video of Patricia singing "Feelin' Good", so in its place here are other X Factor contestants doing it justice...


DANYL JOHNSON, UK X FACTOR (SERIES 6) "FEELIN' GOOD"


BEVERLEY TROTTMAN AND RACHEL HYLTON, UK X FACTOR (SERIES 4 & 5) "FEELIN' GOOD"



REBECCA FERGUSON, UK X FACTOR (SERIES 7) "FEELING GOOD"


Babou's choice was "Hurt" by Christina Aguilera, which was a brave choice because anybody who attempts a Christina Aguilera song has massive balls; Jamie Afro also sang it on Series 6 of the UK version. Babou slipped at the beginning - apart from that he sang well that night. He is another favourite of mine; the problem is this: is he marketable? I know it sounds harsh, but remember Mohamed from Series 2? He released an album which was only a moderate success, despite his impressive vocals (my fellow blogger Music is the Door to the Soul - who thought that Mo was rubbish - will disagree with me, but who cares?) Somehow, I pray that Babou doesn't win, because Babou needs to gain experience from this show and work hard for at least a year before releasing an album, or people will compare him to Justin Bieber. Besides, there is always too much pressure on the winner to become a massive success, and something tells me that he's too fragile to handle it...

Babou and Jamie - who sang it better?

BABOU "HURT"


JAMIE 'AFRO' ARCHER, UK X FACTOR (SERIES 6) "HURT"


Finally, the girl who in my opinion is the most beautiful woman on the show - apart from Pernille who looked stunning in that black outfit - and one of the most beautiful women in Denmark: Annelouise (Seriously, what do Scandinavian mothers put in their babies' milk, because I want some!). Is it just me, or does she look like a curvier version of Kate Moss?  Before the enraged e-mails start pouring in, I meant that as a compliment, and besides, that's how ALL women should look like - like women! Last week she was in the bottom two, but was saved by the judges. Unfortunately, it meant that Rasmus, who I now miss, was sent home...pity. This week, Annelouise's version of "Nothing Compares 2 U" started well, and I think she's becoming more confident about singing in English, but as she went into the chorous she began to bore me. It far a far cry from Nikki Evans' rendition of the song on Series 4 of the UK X Factor, in fact Nikki's version was better than the original by Prince...or Sinead O'Connor, whichever way you look at it, but I'll let you judge. Sorry, but Annelouise is not going to win. She entered the wrong reality show, and yes I've said it before and I'll say it again, she should be on Denmark's Next Top Model. By the way Blachman, you have a very cool home...I want that kitchen, and while you're at it can you cook for me, like you did for Annelouise?



Who sang it better?

ANNELOUISE "NOTHING COMPARES 2 U"






NIKKI EVANS, UK X FACTOR (SERIES 4) "NOTHING COMPARES 2 U"



I look forward to next week - now that the female Jedward have left, the contest can start for real. By the way, for all those who keep asking me "Who is Jedward?", here are the duo performing on Series 6 of the the UK version.

JOHN & EDWARD a.k.a. JEDWARD, UK X FACTOR (SERIES 6) "UNDER PRESSURE/ICE ICE BABY"





Watch the videos, and tell me who you think is better.


God bless Denmark. Farvel! xxx


No comments: